Through dedicated design and construction performance, Urban Developments LLC, creator of the Alma Del Pueblo project, recently announced that the mixed-use development comprised of 37 units has been awarded Platinum certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Homes rating system. The highly skilled development team made use of several strategies contributing to the certification, including increased building density, drought tolerant landscapes, energy efficient design and systems, indoor water conservation measures, and excellent education and outreach programs for building owners throughout the community.
“Achieving LEED Platinum certification for Alma Del Pueblo signifies our profound commitment to excellence, while offering exceptional building standards for our community and to a broader global mission,” says the Principal of Urban Developments, Marge Cafarelli. “We are proud to share this accomplishment with the dedicated team and partners who worked with us diligently to make this possible.”
Only 6% of all LEED certified projects reach the Platinum certification, according to the U.S. Green Building Council. It is reserved for buildings that meet the optimum level of green building standards in the LEED program, which implements applicable and measurable methods aimed at conserving water, energy and materials.
Project features that helped Alma Del Pueblo achieve its LEED Platinum rating include:
- Integrated Project Team Meetings Early in Development, Quality Control of Key Property and Construction Risks, Exemplary Performance in Water and Density
- High Density as an Infill Development Project, Access to Public Transit in Excess of 125 Daily Rides, Close Proximity to Parks and Open Space
- Drought Tolerant Landscape Design, 60% Reduction in Irrigation Water Demand, 40.2 Units/Acre Density Development
- High Efficiency Irrigation Systems and Design, Dual-flush Residential Water Closets, Very High Efficient Lavatories and Showerheads
- 3% Improvement over Title 24 Energy Star Rated Residential Appliances, Non-HCFC Refrigerant Use
- Efficient Framing and Lumber Order, Renewable Bamboo Flooring, Low VOC Paints and Coatings
- Preoccupancy Flush Out to Remove Indoor Toxins, Interior Zones have Independent Thermostat Control, Energy Star Rated Exhaust Fans
Some of the buildings unique features include courtyards, a clubroom and rooftop terrace for entertaining, a green roof, raised planter beds for gardening, potting shed, wine storage, bike storage and two guest rooms for the exclusive use of the homeowners. Alma Del Pueblo is located at 18 W. Victoria St. For more information, visit the website.