This May, experience the beauty of Santa Barbara by celebrating its magnificent gardens. Public gardens across Santa Barbara County invite you to “Get inspired!” by attending their special tours, lectures and other fun activities happening not only on National Public Gardens Day, Friday May 10, but also for the entire month of May!
National Public Gardens Day is sponsored nationally by American Public Gardens Association (APGA) and Rain Bird. The event includes a Garden Lovers Tour of Lotusland, Casa del Herrero and Alice Keck Park Memorial Garden, as well as Garden Tea at the Biltmore. (Advance reservations required.) Continue the celebration of Santa Barbara Public Gardens Appreciation Month by exploring gardens across the county and taking part in fun-filled activities throughout May:
- Ten Garden Talks: Learn everything you need to know about gardens! Topics range from Palm Trees to the bees that occupy them. Download a coupon here to gain admission.
- Docent-led garden tours: Tour the beautiful Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Old Mission Santa Barbara’s Huerta Garden, Rancho La Patera & Stow House and Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara.
- Allan Herschell Carousel: Relive your childhood by riding the historic Allan Herschell Carousel in Chase Palm Park.
- Exclusive tours: Get a closer look at Santa Barbara County Courthouse by visiting its gardens and clock tower. When you’re done, don’t forget to stop by SBCC to experience the dazzling Lifescape Garden.
- Family friendly activities: Bring the whole family to participate in story time and arts and crafts that everyone can enjoy.
The festivities are presented to you by Santa Barbara Public Garden Partnership, “a county-wide collaboration whose mission is to promote awareness of our unique and inspiring public gardens, celebrate their beauty and benefits, and encourage their year-round enjoyment by visitors and residents of the Santa Barbara community.”